Friday, December 12, 2008

The Week In Review




Here are a couple of pictures from last weekend. We spent most of the weekend "bludging" off our friends, Matt and Melanie in West Seattle. Melanie spent Saturday morning making us soup, hummus, cookies and bread for starters and Matt spent the afternoon making us pizza. We were very spoiled... Then we dared to look at the house next door to them in West Seattle which is for sale. We got caught up in short-lived frenzy trying to figure out how we could make that happen. Turns out we can't for various reasons, primarily lack of money, disrepair of our own house and plain old inertia. What can we say?? I'm afraid this old house doesn't want to let us go.
The rest of the week went by in a flash - lots of work and bussing around the city for Rob and driving here, there and everywhere for me and the kids. Lucy and I saw "The Wizard of Oz" at Seattle Children's Theatre, kids did circus class a couple of times, Lucy had a nature class out in a boggy wetland area. Jasper and I tagged along, Jasper in his conductor overalls (see last post for picture), with his tape measure attached to the pocket.
Rob had a couple of nights out and I had last night out. I took a Nia dance class at a place on Capital Hill called Dance Underground. It was the best. Then I went around the lake twice with Bianca in the light of the full moon. Unfortuately after all that deliciousness, I finished the evening at the mall and tried to get out of there with a bit of my soul still intact. Remind me not to do that again...
Homeschooling proper is off for the rest of December - or until I have time to do more planning and figuring out what to do. It seems like Lucy needs some time to let everything soak in - and probably so do I. It was an intense Fall for both of us. But fortunately, school or no school, that Lucy keeps right on learning...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There's lots of wisdom in your last sentence- that Lucy keeps on learning. Just what i needed to read- thanks! Happy Winter to you and yours.
Stacey- Enki homeschooler in Florida