Saturday, December 27, 2008

The day begins...

Rob and I finished our 12th morning of yoga (usually we have company of the red-headed variety for most if not all of our session...). What a great way for Rob and me to connect and have some fun, and feel great all the day long too... We wonder why we haven't always done this. I guide Rob in various routines and then do my routine alongside him. It is win-win, people. Teaching yoga privately to one or two people would be something I'd really enjoy. I'm working on the business model (step one: send kids to school).

But I'm not (quite) ready to throw in the towel on homeschooling. I got started planning again last night and Lucy and I settled on a mutually agreed upon schedule for January yesterday. We're making some changes - no more circle - just morning walks, lots of arts and crafts projects and spontaneity requested by Lucy, plus weekly swimming. I wanted time for math, reading, writing and recorder practice. We got it all in there and are feeling good about it. We'll start our language arts block Monday January 5th, focusing on "word families" i.e. the family of "oat," "eep," and "ight" and sight reading. So we have a whole 'nother week to par-tee...

No comments: