Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I love you all



I have to admit that I am a little high right now. Not on anything illegal or even intoxicating... (what are you thinking??) Chalk it up to the following:

~ listening to the Dar Williams station on www.pandora.com
~ drinking a citrus kombucha
~ having the lentil soup cooking away on the stove - dinner in a pot, my friends
~ a napping Jasper while Lucy is at Grandma Gloria's for a playdate
~ having spent a sweet, sweet afternoon in the warm sunshine at Carkeek Park with my precious little redhead - no trains, but lots of log walking and talk of trains
~ reading Hendrick Hertzberg's blog on newyorker.com. i love that guy.
~ daydreaming about my next knitting project

As much as I love homeschooling Lucy, I miss all the Jasper and mom time we had last year, kickin' it all over the city on our little adventures.

I have this sweet and sad nostaligia for all the people I love who are far away - I wish I could just give you a little squeeze right now - you know who you are...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I must say that the New Yorker has been providing much comfort to me these days as well. That, and our recently discovered ethiopian restaurant with killer takeout less that 5 minutes from our house. Looking forward to getting together with you guys soon...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment. But thanks even more for steering me to Pandora. It happens that Dar Williams is my very most favorite singer-songwriter.