Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hey - I'm on vacation...

Hello out to you, Greg - thanks for your comment yesterday. Reading the New Yorker while eating take-out Ethiopian and listening to Dar Williams sounds good, doesn't it? I'm going to try that someday... We're looking forward to seeing y'all too. And we will pretty soon, plus I just saw Loose Digits is playing Dusty Strings - we are so there. That is our kind of venue at a time we're available - 1 pm. We like to party at 1 pm...

As some of you know, we're on vacation from any program around homeschooling this week. We decided to take the whole week off even after Aunt Em and family left. It is so good especially because the sun has been out and the colors are brilliant. The kids and I still are swimming through our colds but all the better to really encourage us to relax during our vacation.

And I have to say hello to Farmer Megan (and Farmer Keith) too. Are you drinking your morning coffee right now? I don't know when we can come to the farm. November is not looking good, but we long for you and the critters and the dirt, sky, plants, hammock, river, cocktails, Keith and Megan after dinner concerts and all the other gifts you're offering...

And Em, I hope you're getting lots of good stuff for Teagan. Em is one of those superstar moms double pumping breastmilk on their breaks at work. I bow down to you and all the women with the double pump going. And speaking of longing... Every time I think of your little chubby man, I would do anything for one cuddle into his soft cheeks and neck and a nice long smell of his sweet babyness.

And we've another superstar in our midst - Rob Brown - you are special in so many ways and the UW Medical Center is aware of a jewel among them.

No comments: