Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Four kids, four days, one house...

Well, one house and the great out-of-doors which is where you might also frequently head if you had four kids in your house - well, technically, only three because the smallest is a sweet, sweet baby. My sister and her kiddos came for a visit. We treasured and relished and were grateful as can be for every crazy and sane moment of our time with them. My sister beautifully handled travelling from Vail to Denver by car, then Denver to Seattle by plane on her own with her 6 month old and 3 yr old. I should have been waiting at the gate with a gold medal. All we had was lentil stew... But anyway, here are many pics. Rob took Monday off and was able to help out tremendously and capture lots of moments for us.

Em hits the big city - farmer's market Saturday morning, three kids and one brother-in-law. I stayed home with Teagan, who woke from his morning nap the moment the mini-van left the driveway. But the guy is cute - you'll see...



Saturday lunch - we're having Central Market pizza. I'm kind of embarrassed, but I was tired. What I didn't know then was that later that night I would come down with a super yucky cold. So, anyway, pizza for lunch. Yes, Uncle Robby - a twenty-five yr old young man, does still remove the mushrooms and black olives from his pizza.



I tried to compensate for the pizza by cutting up an heirloom tomato from our garden...




Teagan has his first look at salt water at Carkeek Park.









Rob took the three big kids to the grocery store, letting the two three yr olds have their own small cart. This was another gold-medal-worthy undertaking, in my view.




No one here but us flamingos...




Teagan is just baby perfection personified. His smiles are hard to capture, but not because of a lack of frequency. He is the super smiliest guy and super chubby and just all-around irresistable.



1 comment:

WCFIELDS said...

Dear April,

What a treat for you to have your sister and her children come for a visit - it's just the best isn't it?
I still remember fondly when my sister & I and our kids, who are roughly the same age, would get together - we also lived far enough apart( like you and your sister) that it was a special effort to do that -
Thanks for sending me back to those magical days.
Love,
Megan
PS. I love your new photo of yourself.