Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Same Wavelength

Considering the amount of time we spend together, it is really no surprise that Jasper and I are frequently on the same wavelength. This manifests differently at different times - sometimes he offers a pre-emptive strike when I have something in mind to do that he doesn't care to do. For example, I'll be planning a trip to the gym, and he offers out of the blue, Momma, I don't like to go to the gym; I like to go to Grandma Gloria's house. Sometimes he vocalizes a thought I just had. Yesterday, we were in the kitchen pleasantly discussing matters at hand, such as carrot peels. This is shortly after I did the "Ode To Rob" post on the blog. Jasper takes the conversation in a different direction as he says this, in monologue style (I wrote it down verbatim at the time since it seemed an appropriate addendum to yesterday's post):

"I love my daddy.
My daddy is at work.
I miss that guy.
He will come back.
He's dressed.
Nice to meet you."

With that said, both Jasper and I got our druthers this morning since I went to the gym and he went to Grandma's house. He loves it there. I loved my Nia class. Nia is a conscious, fluid, led dance class where the moves are designed to lube up all your joints and also allow you to physically, creatively express and explore different feelings and ways of being through dance. Sometimes during class and always towards the end, Jennifer, the teacher, says "Audible exhales are very welcome here." And the room fills with the sound of breath going out. And I find it really is a nice thing to do occassionally -- just breath out, loudly. I feel my shoulders relax when I do it, I feel my breath become a little deeper and more satisfying, and I get a cool little vibration in my breastbone that reminds me that everything is connected to everything else. Try it - what do you think?

No comments: