Monday, January 14, 2008

Rob





I love Rob's photography. Well, I just plain old love Rob. He's a great guy. Really an artist at heart. But also a very down-to-earth fellow who genuinely loves to work hard and help out any way he can. And an amazing Dad. Lucy and Jasper adore him. You should hear the hot air balloon stories he tells them most nights - usually at Jasper's request. The hot air balloon usually lands in our backyard and then the children and Rob go on an adventure - they have been all over as far as I can tell - from a friend's house across town to Africa. It was a brilliant move on his part - he can keep telling variations of the same story - so he doesn't have to wholly invent something every day, but there are plenty of riffs he can go on that keep it interesting.

And he loves those children so much. The love just radiates from him and colors his every moment with them - from the second Jasper and he head into the kitchen together to make breakfast all too early until the last goodnight kiss he gives Lucy after their bedtime story time. And don't get me started on the deep well of patience he draws on - you who have or have had or even have been around young children know what I'm talking about. I too often find I'm scraping the bottom of my patience barrel while Rob is sitting there with a huge bottomless vat.

And while I am on this Rob-a-thon, can I just add that he made the most heavenly soup on Sunday? That guy chopped and prepped for hours, cooked each ingredient to its just right perfection, and we were all rewarded for his efforts. The soup sang with flavor and vegan creaminess and every bite had a melange of soft enough, not too mushy deliciousness... I feel blessed and humbled to be sharing my life with him and to be sharing the job of parenting Lucy and Jasper together. It isn't always easy, but overall, it really works for me.





1 comment:

WCFIELDS said...

April,
That's pretty cool all the nice things you said about Rob. Maybe when Megan returns from Maui next week she can write something about me on our blog. Cheers to you Rob and to you also April. You're both great parents.
Farmer K