Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Unhappiness

Well, at the end of my last blog entry I implied that if my kids are happy, I'm happy. And I AM ever so slightly happy to report that, even though my kids were quite happy today, I am not happy. Nothing is terrible, but I'm not happy. Yeah! Life is just not that simple...

More on my unhappiness:
For starters, I am wondering if I have a thyroid problem. I won't go into the details of why.

For seconds, I slept poorly last night and have been more muddle-headed then usual today resulting in lots of extra driving around in the mini-van which depresses me. The more time I spend in the mini-van, turns out, the less happy I am.

The clincher was when Jasper fell asleep in the above-mentioned mini-f******-van and didn't transfer to his crib and has not had an afternoon nap during the one afternoon per week that Lucy is not at home with me (she's having Tuesday at Grandma's). I almost cried.

The good news is that Jasper seems quite happy and has actually rediscovered some key pieces of the Christmas tree stand that we thought he'd thrown away.

The other good news is that we have a beautifully lit and decorated tree in our living room. Today happiness has crept in during the time I've allowed myself to sit upstairs with the tree. Thank you, tree.

3 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

Hi April,

I've been enjoying reading your blog this past month or two...I feel like I know what's going on, but then realize that I haven't actually written you. :-(
So tomorrow I'm sitting down and writing you a real letter!

and another thought on your poll (I voted)...even if you don't have the pink yarn you could take him to the store and see what he picks out? ...could be fun
:-)

Trees are good aren't they...

Megan

Annie Addington said...

Now that you've mentioned dad's comment about his own happiness being tied to his kids', I think I've heard him say it but maybe before I had kids myself? Pretty true. I'm still trying to learn how to not let my own happiness meter be guided by Will's when he's in one of his tempestuous moods. So often I get dragged down right along with him. The key to happiness for me, though, is about an hour a day outside and moving. That would be a challenge for me about Seattle, but you guys seem to do well frolicking in the rain. Stick by that tree.

WCFIELDS said...

April,

What's wrong with a pink hat? I'd wear it! And what's the matter with Liza. Cher's music might be more fun to dance to though.

Farmer K