Sunday, December 2, 2007


Hello family and friends. Jasper loves to go to the zoo. I'm pretty sure he has, or at least would, describe it as "his" zoo. The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle is a few blocks from Lucy's school, so it is very convenient to go in the morning while Lucy kindergartens. Jasper has a passion for the animals and the zookeepers that Lucy doesn't have and never did. He gazed at a crocodile for quite a while, and then told me "The crocodile is big like me." At the zoo, Lucy likes to climb things. This first picture is of Jasper walking at the zoo on a trip there with Rob last weekend. Note the purposeful, confident stride.



We had the most beautiful, big snowflakes this weekend. Is anything more magical than snow? The children were in heaven.





I dropped everything on Saturday to finish knitting a hat for Rob. In my haste, I think I made it slightly too small. But Lucy likes it too, as you can see, so it won't be a wasted effort. Jasper is angling for a bright pink hat. I love to knit and knit until I'm done. The laundry, dishes, and general chaos piled up all around me as I knit. How satisfying to have a task that has such a clear completion, imperfect as the final result might have been...



The Winter Faire at Seattle Waldorf School today. We all particularly enjoyed making beeswax candles. When we finally drug them away, Jasper was crying that he wanted to make more candles...




This is Jasper and his friend Sebastian. Sebastian uncannily resembles Jasper's cousin Max, and seems to share some of Max's general joie de vivre. I'm just happy that Jasper finally has a bonafide friend - it doesn't seem to matter at all that Sebastian only speaks Dutch.

No comments: