Monday, July 12, 2010

After Florida

Perhaps I'll post some more pictures from Florida, but I feel compelled to move on a bit. Immediately after our return from Florida, I got my cast off my arm and realized how far I still had to go in my recovery from a wrist fracture. After a few weeks of physical therapy, it is so much better. Then, Lucy broke her wrist! Sympathy break? Coincidence? Well, now we know even she is not invincible. She was doing, as Rob the compliance guy describes, "non-standard" behavior on a tall play structure, when she fell from about 10 feet up, directly on her left wrist. She gets out of her splint this Wednesday. Thank goodness the little ones heal so quickly.

Here are a few "day in the life" pics, followed by shots from a trip to Lake Cushman that we shared with friends, the Careys. Lucy and Sophia, Jasper and Sophia's brother Owen, played peacefully and non-stop for four days straight. Last year's trip to Cushman was with Grandmama and Granddaddy and was particularly memorable for the amazingly warm weather and beautiful clear days. This trip was just as lovely, but quite different, with cloudy cool days and four children running around. It cleared up enough for a lovely firework show which we watched from the dock, Rob and I pausing to toast our 14th (!) wedding anniversary.









1 comment:

WCFIELDS said...

Lucy and Jasper have grown so much since I've last seen them! Great photos...say Hi to your little ones for us
Farmers Megan & Keith