Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sickness

It seems that when the children really need to rest, they often get sick and are forced to do exactly that. Jasper got sick a week ago, at the beginning of a busy week for Lucy and me, and then just at the end of her busy week, Lucy got the cold. Today they seem to have enough energy for a bite-sized adventure - a short neighborhood bike ride and a walk in the secret garden, I think. Then come home and paint before dinner, bath and bed... Dinner is (I'm deciding right this minute)... beans, rice, guacamole, red pepper and carrot sticks, and sauteed kale. Maybe some lemon tahini for dipping the veggies in. Hot sauce for me and Lucy... Then Coconut Bliss ice cream. Then chamomile tea. And at some point, I hope to be on the couch with a novel, a New Yorker or perhaps a cookbook...



No comments: