Monday, April 7, 2008

Rob's Birthday Cakes

I'm thirty-nine years old today. After getting pampered first by a trip to the Olympus Spa courtesy of my mom and then by a day out with Melanie and a family dinner prepared by Rob, I spent my actual birthday enjoying a low-key day with the family. And by the way the carrot cake pictured below was every bit as yummy to eat as it was to look at. I did get lots of phone calls from folks near and far. I liked that... Rob gave me exactly the book I wanted - the new edition of Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair - I'd donated my old edition to my sister Em. So far thirty-nine is remarkably like thirty-eight. And that is all I have for not-so-pithy commentary at this time.


1 comment:

Annie Addington said...

Happy Birthday, April! That is a gorgeous cake. Sorry to hear about Lucy's drama at school. I'm glad things are better now. I'm so interested to hear more about your plans for homeschooling Lucy. Emily mentioned you were thinking about it to Rob over Christmas I think -- but I missed that conversation and had sort of forgotten about asking you about it or got to busy anyway. Sounds like a great adventure for you. (Will's home this week for spring break and it's made me realize what rich full days we can have together when we don't have school schedules intruding on us.) We're still going the school route though. Looks like I'm going to get to try my hand at teaching 3-year-olds a few days a week in the fall.