Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why I Didn't Make It To The Gym On Wednesday

5:30 am - Jasper wakes; Rob goes to get him, puts J. in bed with me, leaves to take a shower.
5:31 am - Jasper wants to go with his Dad. He says he misses him. But he is willing to nurse when I offer that as an option.
5:40 am - Rob out of shower; Jasper scooches off the bed, opens the bedroom door and goes to find Rob.
6:30 am - I get out of bed and join the boys. They have had some kind of an adventure that led to two empty bowls of oatmeal, a clean diaper, and a book called I Love Trains. There are also two full bowls of oatmeal and a nice warm thermos of coffee waiting for Mama Bear.
7:00 am - Jasper moos very loudly and repeatedly at the dining room table. We start to hear soprano mooos from Lucy's room. The girl soon emerges to join the fun.
7:30 am - Rob managed to leave the house somehow. The eating of oatmeal and kiwi, running around, getting dressed, brushed, the making of lunches etc. ensues.
8:15 am - I'm finally and miraculously out the door with both kids and all of the accoutrement for the morning out.
8:25 am - I rearend a white volvo at 80th St and 1st Ave NE. This is just off the freeway. As I turned the corner onto 80th, Lucy's lunch basket tipped over; I looked down and when I looked up, I hit the brakes, but it was slick out and my van skidded into the Volvo.
9:05 am - We arrive back home. Jasper starts to cry as we enter the driveway; he doesn't want to go home.
9:10 am - My mom comes over, takes Lucy to school and Jasper to the zoo.
9:15 am - I call the insurance company and the other driver to get the ball rolling.
10:00 am - I drive to Holman's Body Shop on Roosevelt. They take one look at the van and say I can't drive it anymore because the radiator is busted.
11:00 am - I start walking from the body shop to Lucy's school to meet my mom, Jasper, and Lucy.
12:00 pm - I stop at Tacos Guaymos at Green Lake to get some lunch; Mom ends up meeting me there with Jasper.
12:40 pm - We pile in Mom's car to go get Lucy.
1:00 pm - We've secured the children in the Prius, after an emergency diaper change, and then realize Jasper's socks must still be at the zoomazium.
1:15 pm - Jasper's socks are not at the zoomazium.
1:30 pm - We're home; Jasper's exhausted and takes a nice long nap.
2:00 pm - Lucy and I make turquoise play dough.
4:00 pm - Jasper wakes up; Granny (Rob's mom) comes over with little gifts for the children and stays to have tea and popcorn with us.
4:30 pm - Granny takes the kids outside to play. I make spaghetti and broccoli for dinner.
5:30 pm - Daddy is home. Jasper feeds some popcorn to a squirrel.
6:00 pm - Kids won't eat dinner because they are full from tea and popcorn. Rob and I have dinner.
6:30 pm - We all head upstairs and the kids entertain us with a little singing and dancing and a lot of running back and forth across the living room.
7:00 pm - Bathtime.
8:00 pm - Kids in bed.
9:00 pm - Dishes done.
9:30 pm - Bed for Rob and April.

No comments: