Friday, October 5, 2007

What's Going On?

I remember hearing once that if you want to help a community most effectively and efficiently, focus on the women. Educating women or providing opportunities for women will more profoundly and positively impact the overall quality of life of the whole community than interventions with any other group - i.e. men or even children. With this general principle in mind, this week, I intervened in my own life: I started going to the gym, with Jasper in tow and off to the gym childcare. After just a few days of this, I can not only feel my metabolism kicking into at least 2nd gear but am also more pleasant, more organized, more patient, and happier. Our mornings and evenings are smoother, dinner is on time and yummy, I am way more playful with everyone, and I can generally pick up slack in the household willingly and happily. I even made playdough for the kids yesterday AND did a little circle time with autumn verses after Jasper's nap but before dinner was ready (which is sometimes a challenging time around here). I mean really - this is big... Thank you, Endorphins!

No comments: