Monday, August 13, 2007

Where does the time go?

I know I haven't posted anything in over a week. I find I'm not super-inspired to post a new entry until Rob has downloaded some new pictures. As most of you know, we had an exciting weekend because Jasper turned two! We can't believe what a big guy he is now. Tonight, Rob and Lucy went to the Mariners game with the Brown Clan and friends. Lucy tasted her first cotton candy, which she declared delicious. Jasper was at first upset not to go with them, but as soon as I had him in the jogger on the way to the park, he just turned back towards the house and said Bye Bye, Da Da. And then he proceeded to ooh and aah over all the "big, huge, and enormous" trucks that drove by. He's pretty much a fan of any moving vehicles from tricycles to dump trucks, scooters to skateboards. Then he chased around bumble bees, trying to give them food (Jasper says hood - rhymes with dude), which was a little dandelion Jasper had picked. Finally, he actually made it to the playground...

He also went to his very first library storytime today (with Lucy and me of course). Sad, because when Lucy was his age, she'd been to a million or so library storytimes... Not so for Jasper. He didn't seem all that impressed at the time - for starters, they didn't get that he prefers to sing 7 or 8 rounds of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" rather than the 3 or 4 they seemed to think adequate - but he did reminisce enthusiasically later in the day. We had taken the bus downtown to the fancy Central Library and I think the excitement of the busride trumped the excitement of storytime.
Anyhoo, here are the promised pics of the week. I'm not going to put any more commentary in for now because I'm too tired. If you have questions, feel free to ask!











2 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

Wow Jasper is two! I remember going to his 1 year party. Was that just last year? Sometimes it seems many years back...

So what's up with the bear?

Go Mariners!

Megan

April said...

well, yes, the bear shot was a little sneaky. we went to the zoo for J's birthday and as luck would have it was grizzley bear feeding time. the gods were smiling on us.

and Jasper did have a much nicer crown for his birthday last year. we still have it, but I couldn't find it at the moment, so Lucy and I had to cobble (actually staple) one on the fly...