Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In the Swing

I haven't had much to say for myself lately here. We're rockin' along in a decent rhythm. The boy has evened out a ton this week. I'm chalking it up to more protein at lunch, a priority given to sleep, and a bit more time outdoors. He has been solidly in the bottom bunk bed all night for at least a couple of weeks. And it is his cozy place that he loves now.

Some moments are hard, but lots of them are good. Jasper is still loving the Nutcracker music and acting out the scenes, made more dramatic by his $2.99 drugstore sword. Lucy is into making a huge mess in the art room downstairs; interesting creations do eventually emerge. She's also dancing in a flowing emotive way - quite different from Jasper's nutcracker march. I asked Lucy what she wanted to know more about the other day: answer - swimming, magic tricks, building things, and art. She is loving piano lessons and well, the rest of her life too as far as I can tell. She loves to be at home with just me. She loves lots of space and silence. So do I.

I'm in the van too much. I know I've said that before. It is the riddle I can't solve, it is the "Knock, knock" joke I just don't get, it is a blessing and a curse. I don't think I'm making much sense any more... I need to go to bed... Tomorrow, my sister, Em, and her babies Max and Teagan arrive. We can't wait...

No comments: