Monday, May 18, 2009

Something for Everyone

Rob had a big ol' smile on his face for most of the weekend. It was a perfectly beautiful weekend and he got to spend a healthy chunk of it looking busy in the garden and the greenhouse, usually with at least one little helper nearby... Good times for the big guy. I got in on the fun when I got to use the power drill to help him put together a new compost tumbler... Now that I've had a shot with the drill, I may start taking on more household fix-it projects...


We did still manage to sneak in a visit to St. Edward Park late Saturday afternoon for a hike, a picnic and a dip in cold Lake Washington (for the kids anyway). It was so fun, we are thinking of starting a Saturday night at St Edward's Park club. Wanna join us?? We were home by 7:30, kids asleep by 8:30, with plenty of time to watch the incredible movie, Slumdog Millionaire.







And for Lucy and Jasper, it just don't get no gooder than making a cozy nest together in the bathtub...



Sunday brought a sweet trip to the park to meet up with Tessa and Jen. After riding bikes a while, playing at the playground and having snacks under a tree, Lucy and Tessa escaped the grown-ups and Jasper and perched on a branch about halfway up the climbing tree, singing songs and telling stories to each other. Later, Rob and kids joined the masses at Carkeek Park so I could host some homeschooling mamas here. It was all very lovely - the only hard part was Monday morning when Rob had to leave us... But the kids and I bucked up, getting to Lucy's art class on time (10:30 am is a bit early for us!) and then spending a marathon four hours playing outside with friends at our own "secret garden" down the street.















2 comments:

WCFIELDS said...

We love the flow of your Life - the two of you & the kids - it is Lovely and better than any "Happily Ever After" Fairy Tale!!!
I owe you a long letter -
Love,
Megan

Annie Addington said...

I'm visiting your blog after too long away. Lucy's tooth fairy story is perfect. I'm so glad all of her holiday fantasies didn't come crashing down on her at once. I remember learning that Santa was a hoax and then immediately realizing that the Easter Bunny must be too and it was all so overwhlemingly sad. I cried too, but probably harder.

And I love the photos from Alabama. Can you persuade Rob to e-mail a few favorites our way? (I love that picture of you and Will.)