Friday, April 24, 2009

Alabamy

Here are a few pictures from our time at one of our ancestral homelands, Lookout Mountain, Alabama. This is the Edna Hill church, named for a relative of ours.


These are the falls that might have killed Edna Hill, and thus leading to naming a church after her.


This is me and my cousin Will, who I enjoyed getting to know better (previously, I'd mostly known Will through his mom's blog).


Bridge named after my great grandfather, who cruised around Lookout Mountain almost every day of his 90 + years in his pick-up truck, and who was the original planner for many of the roads that now traverse the mountain (which is actually a plateau some miles in length).




My Dad, who shares his Grandfather's love of the mountain, with Grandson Jasper.




Five cousins in a little house.



I found myself falling for the rocky scrubby landscape up there as well...



Cousins Rob and Owen (father and brother of Will, husband/son of Annie for those of you tracking on all this).




A summarizing photo of our roadtrip from Little Rock, Arkansas to Fort Payne, Alabama:




No comments: