Saturday, July 5, 2008

Week in Review

Taking a break to give a quick update on life back in Seattle. In short, we're having fun in the sun (and a thunderstorm too). Pictures forthcoming but the big news is that Lucy lost a tooth on July 3rd. Rob and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary yesterday on July 4th (co-dependence day for us). Jasper pooped on the potty today, with Lucy close by for moral support.

Jasper's quote of the week: "Hey, Momma! Know what? I'm a witch and I'm weawy wicked." And a runner-up quote from Jasper, on fireworks which we saw in Edmonds: "Fireworks are weawy scawy. They are too noisy; I like to cover my ears."
Lucy's quote of the week: (leaving her friend Sophia after playing the day away) "Sophia, I wish I could stay and play with you for eight years." I pretty much feel the same way about hanging out with Sophia's mom, Melanie...

Rob is consumed with work while he's there, but gets that out of his system on his bike rides home and at least reports enjoying hanging with the family and caring for our garden, with "help" from the kids.

I received an enormous box of homeschooling curriculum from Enki for first grade next year. I am reading it every second I can (some days that totals about two minutes); I love reading this stuff, desperately, and think Lucy, J. and I are going to have some fun next year...

No comments: