Sunday, June 1, 2008

End-of-Year Hike

And first-of-year salmonberries. Last week, I was walk-running and found the first ripened salmonberries that I'd seen this year at a park near our house. Lucy joined me later in the afternoon for the first pickin'. She ate some and saved some and she actually made a tiny pie out of those you see here. The rest of these pictures are from the end-of-the-year hike we took with those kids in Lucy's class going on to first grade. The other four kids with us are at least nine months older and seem way more sophisticated than Lucy. I felt happier than ever that Lucy will be homeschooling next year. She's still a world away from the bigger kids going onto first grade! But the hike at Rattlesnake Ledge was great - challenging for the kids, but not too. A gorgeous view from the top and a nice place to swim at the bottom -- perfect! You can see for yourself... Lucky for me, Grandma Gloria took care of Jasper all day so I didn't have him on my back - that would have made running down the trail with Lucy more... dangerous, I suppose. And Rob took the day off work. Fun!










No comments: