Friday, November 16, 2007

Speaking Jasper

Jasper's language and cognitive skills are coming right along. I am noticing different things with him than I remember about Lucy. Some examples:

When he wants to know someone's name, he says "What's that?" We've of course been mentioning that he could say "Who's that?" when referring to people. Finally, one day he said "Who's that?" He was asking about the garbanzo beans I was rinsing in the sink.

We spied the moon tonight out the window from the dinner table, which is rare these cloudy days. The moon is a waxing crescent and only 42% of full. Jasper said "people take away part of moon... I'm sad."

We've all been coaching Jasper to respond appropriately to the questions "What's your name?" and "How old are you?" He has finally been getting the hang of it, only this evening, I started with the question "How old are you?" to which he answered confidently, "Jasper." Then Rob asked him "How many days was Rome built in?" Any guesses as to what Jasper confidently replied?

3 comments:

mb said...

i am so glad you came (come) to my blog...now I am connected with your awesome beauty. i love the name Jasper...one of the names we are thinking for this Baby Three! I can't wait until a quiet time when I can take in your words and examine your photos. And you are in Seattle! We just moved to Bellingham. Cool.

much love
marybeth

WCFIELDS said...

Let's guess "2!"

Megan

Annie Addington said...

I'm thinking two.... I love toddler language. Thanks for tracking Jasper's for us.