Sunday, May 20, 2007

A restorative Sunday

Even though I'd had a great time in Port Townsend, I headed back home in a somewhat foul mood. Rob had not caught up as much work as I wanted (hey, the guy has a social life too!), and we had to head staight out to a friend's 40th birthday party. The Sagers' parties are always fun, but for some reason heading staight to a party seemed like too much. But, as usual, I ended up having a great old time. It was a fun crowd because it included two other Unitarian couples who Laura and Eric go to church with. And we all know how fun it is to party with Unitarians...

Perhaps due to this close encounter with Unitarians combined with a New Yorker review I read today, I have officially decided to start questioning the existence of God, or any universal force for good. Or any particular creative force at all, other than essentially physical and scientific phenomena. I'm trying this world view on for size. So far, it feels quite liberating...

Other than that, today was mostly about family time, and gardening. Rob and I weeded our garden and planted lots of veggie starts. The yard is looking very nice. And Jasper and Lucy both love playing in the dirt. Jasper had a super long nap to make up for his late bedtime last night. In the late afternoon, we headed out for a trip to Costco, then back for a dinner of lentil/rice/veggie soup. Rob and I may even get to watch a movie tonight as the kids are in bed nice and early. We'll see.

No comments: